Sunday, May 30, 2010

Night in Istanbul

I arrived in Turkey five days ago.

Before I start, I will acknowledge the fact that the first half of this long journey I’ve been on during the past few months went wholly undocumented on this blog. South Africa was a whirlwind that I’m still processing, and our intense work hours left me little time to stop and think about what I saw and learned. Hopefully as I settle into a routine I’ll be able to take some time to put to words some thoughts and feelings I have about that sweeping, beautiful country.

For just a taste of what I saw, I'll cheat a little and add this slideshow made by Jon and posted on his own blog:

"
South Africa - Images by Jon Vidar

But for now, I will write from the beginning of this new trip, which starts in Istanbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment